I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, March 1, 2010

  Today was not my best workout.  I only managed 30 minutes.  My intention was to do the wii fit for an additional 30min but we all know about good intentions...
  Instead I came back home, got caught up in work stuff, ran to the airport to pick up a staff member, got caught up in more work and then had hall gov.
  But, I did accomplish my running homework tonight - we had to do .5miles and I got that in along with my stretching and my 2 opening laps.  We were supposed to run 1/2 mile (4 laps) in 5 minutes and I did it which means my time is getting much, much better.
  After my run I went back into the little room and did some stretching and weights on the mat.  Then I finished with regular arm weights in front of the mirror. I can see small changes starting to happen.  This week I moved up from the 5lb to the 6lb weights and my arms could feel the difference but I kept pushing through.  I also did one ab exercise before calling it a day.
  I didn't get a very good nights sleep last night - I slept for 8 hours (which is odd for me on a Sunday night) but it wasn't very restful and today I paid for it when I hit the gym.  I also noticed that during my run outside and my run today that I'm starting to get shin splints again so I'm going to talk to my instructor about that.  I haven't had then in over 2 years and I'm not sure why they are coming back.  And they don't hurt until I finish my run and start walking - I used to get them mid-run when I first started 3+ years ago.
  And I realized yesterday when I was running outside that I miss my old roomie/running partner.  I really enjoyed running with her because we'd talk while we ran which made the run go so much faster and really helped me pace and work on my breathing.  Although I am getting better with pacing myself when I run alone, it's still hard.
  5 weeks until our 5k.  Nervous but excited to see what my time ends up being.

No comments:

Post a Comment