I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Running Class

  So I went to bed early last night and felt much better when I woke up at 6am.  So much so that I literally jumped out of bed and was ready to go to class by 6.10am... which is too early so I went and checked my email in my office before finally heading over at 6.20am.
  As it turns out, I was the only one who made it to class this week.  This week was supposed to be an "easier" week but I can't even tell anymore.  That's honestly why I enjoy running with others - because when I run in class, I can do 2-3miles and not even think about it.  If I am doing it myself, I tend to give up more easily and that's not good.  I need to work on my determination and self-discipline.
  Anyway, the instructor and I did our warm-up 2 laps and then stretched and he told me the plan for the day.  We were going to go back to the 4-3-2-1 laps, 1 lap, 3-2-1 laps with 30-second breaks in between the total laps.  This would get me up to 2.5miles when all was said and done.  I busted through the first round with no problems.  The second 3-2-1 was a little harder but he kept reminding me I was just going downhill because it was my last part.  We talked a lot during the first set which helped - reminded me of when Cat and I used to run together and talk about our days at work and debrief and de-stress over them.  I miss those days.
  Anyway, I finished my last lap in 51 seconds - a personal best.  I told him I was channeling our missing runner today and that's how I got so fast. :D  I'm usually 58 seconds on the last round.  I had a strong lead but every time I hit the damn corners (we are a curved rectangle) I slow down and lose my time.  But he said that was good and if I keep working at my time, I can easily complete the 5k in my goal of 35min.  That would be awesome.  And that means I really need to step it up since the 5k is only 5 weeks away!!
  We also discussed class over spring break since we're all pro staff and he said he'd be willing to come in.  We may even have class outside which would be awesome.  Since the weather is clearing up so nicely here I'm excited about that.  Today it's been beautiful and in the 50's and they are calling for 60's all weekend so I may have to take advantage of that. :)
  He also gave me some tips of where to run around here in the day to get a 2 mile run in (my current lap around campus is 1.41miles).  I think I am going to try his suggestion this weekend to get a new run in.  Esp. if it is going to be as nice as "they" say.
  I've also started reading a lot of blogs lately - oddly enough, most of them are written by vegans.  I find them interesting and they have really given me some interesting suggestions about healthier eating options.  No, I have no intention of turning Veggie or Vegan (I love chicken too much!!) but I do like the different baking/cooking suggestions and may try incorporating them into my own diet soon.
  I've also switched back to Skim Milk again.  I don't drink it by the glass too much (maybe once a week with dinner) but I use it every morning in my cheerios.  I've also started eating more interesting options for lunch.  We tend to eat lunch as a staff together but on the days I am able to sneak away (like today since I was working out of the office) I'll have something like apples, laughing cow cheese, ritz crackers (whole wheat yum!!) and an english muffin with Almond butter (instead of pb).  Very tasty and just the perfect size to keep me full until my afternoon snack (usually fruit).  If I eat with the group, I go for a veggie sandwich (sometimes adding chicken) - usually on wheat.  When I say veggie, I mean veggie - extra lettuce, green peppers, onions, spinach, american cheese, cucumbers and anything else green that they may have available (with a little ranch dressing)  Then I'll grab some baby carrots, broccoli and goldfish crackers from the salad bar for my side items. :)
  One thing my friend MC has been eating/drinking? for a while is Green Monsters.  The blogs I read are all fans and one has even said she's noticed a higher endurance rate when she has them so I may make my first one this weekend and try it.  Little apprehensive since they are VERY green but the ingredients sound good and tasty.  If I do it I will def. post my thoughts/reactions. :)
  Sadly, our Zumba instructor will be out of town this weekend so I won't be able to Zumba on Friday or Sunday.  I'm actually kinda secretly happy about this as I have to work all day on Friday for our office and would have to miss class anyway so we're going to tack it on at the end of the semester and run a week longer than planned. :)  Works for me!!
  And finally, we had our last weigh-in for the biggest loser this morning.  I still think her scale is messed up (she's actually replacing it before the next one starts) but it said I lost weight so I won't complain too much! :)  It said I was down to 155.2 which is good.  It means that even though I didn't work out too hard this week I still lost .9lbs.  That much closer to my goal.
  And I've decided that instead of doing it next time (after Spring Break) I am going to use my buy-in money to just get the same scale and hold myself accountable that way.  I'll only weigh in on Weds and at the same time each Wed as the others do it and keep score that way.  But I'm proud of myself for losing the 3.4lbs that I did lose these past few weeks.  It's a start and with all these changes, I am much happier with how my body is looking both in and out of my clothes.  That's all that I care about - how I look and feel. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment