I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Whole Foods

  So the check out guy at Whole Foods sassed me today.
  My boss and I went on another walk today after work so that was 2 miles of walking on top of the additional 1 mile I put in walking to the student center and back for lunch and other places on campus. :)  Yay for getting that ultra prize in this contest!!
  I was really craving a turkey burger tonight but decided against it as I had a regular hamburger (and green beans and corn!! yum!) for lunch.  So, I decided to go to my favorite store - Whole Foods - and pick up some lunch and dinner for the rest of the week.
  Whole Foods is slightly more expensive but I do most of my shopping for the month at Target so I figure when you balance out my savings at Target with my spending at Whole Foods, it pretty much equals out to what I'd spend at the regular grocery store (which I'm not a fan of - I hate the layout).
  Anyway, so I go inside with the intent of grabbing something quick for dinner and some of the yummy chocolate milk for after my runs (actually good for you!).  As I walk past the deli-ish counter I notice some seared chicken that looks really yummy so I get one for later this week (thinking I could heat it up and eat with some rice - yum!).  Also grabbed some chicken salad for later - on a bed of lettuce - can't go wrong!  And then I passed the sushi counter... and had to grab a cucumber roll for tomorrow's lunch. :)
  Kept walking and also grabbed a chuck roast for the crock pot this weekend (on a very good sale).  I also went to the veggie (as in vegetarian) section.  My bestest has been a veggie for a few years now and has been encouraging me to open myself up to non-meat things like veggie burgers, etc.  I noticed these boxes and they had non-meat type items that are supposed to taste (and kinda look) like meat.  They are "land-based protein).  This always makes me laugh because if you are veggie you aren't supposed to want/desire meat so why would you eat fake meat?  But whatever.
  Since she is planning on visiting me sometime this summer, I've been slowly stocking up on veggie items to have for her and some to try myself along the way.  I grabbed the box and continued shopping without any thought.
  I get to the register and ask the guy if I can buy one of their 99cent bags as I've forgotten mine since I was exercising.  He grabs me one and then starts checking my items out.  He picks up the veggie box and says "you know this isn't meat, right?"  I say "yes, I know.  My best friend is veggie and I wanted to try it to see if I could eat it when she visits".  He says "I just wanted to make sure since you had that honkin' (yes, he said honkin') slap of meat in with your stuff (with a look of grossed outness).
  I just shook my head.  Way to think I'm stupid.  I am sure he was being nice but his face was SOOO the face of a judger (I should know... I'm a judger ha ha!).  But whatever.
  I was super excited about running class tomorrow morning until a co-worker messaged me on facebook to let me know that the gym didn't open until 11am tomorrow which means... no class. :(  That really sucks since I'm getting a root canal at 10am so I doubt I'll be wanting to run that night.  I'll def walk though because I'll need the exercise and to get my miles in since I won't have the gym really.  If I'm feeling well I may hit the gym for 30min and do some weights.  We'll see.  It's supposed to be open until 7pm.
  I can't wait for the students to return if only for the gym to be open regular hours!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment