I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Celebrity Fit Club

  So I have an admission... I am addicted to Celebrity Fit Club.  I think I've only missed like 1 or 2 seasons.  I don't know why I love it - especially since i hate Biggest Loser and other fat-based shows.
  I think I like CFC because it makes me realize just how much of a focus we put (as evident in my blog) on numbers, weight and how we look.
  The show always puts me in the mood to work out after I watch it (which is good) but it also makes me think.
  For example, Shar is a contestant on this season.  I am about 2 inches shorter than she is however our bodies are completely different.  She weighs a good deal less than me but when I look at her on the show, she looks much heavier.  I understand we are all differently shaped and all that but it still amazes me.
  Just like when my co-workers tell me that I'm so thin - I haven't lost weight lately.  I think my body is redistributing the weight with all my exercising and different workouts.  I am fitting into almost all of my size 10's with little to no "mushroom" effect which makes me feel so much better.
  However, like most women, I want to see the numbers go down.  I am very number fixated, which I am aware is not always healthy.  But, I am working hard on doing it the right away.
  I do not expect it to happen overnight - last time I got down to 139lbs it took me almost 2 years but I am willing to make this life change because I am tired of bouncing up and down with my weight and having to buy new jeans/pants all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment