I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, March 22, 2010

  So my back still hurts from that silly wii boxing on Sat night! WTF? 
  I walked with my boss after work which was nice because I got to talk to her about some stuff I'd been dealing with at work and get her perspective on it again (helps me sort things out).  The plan was after we walked our 2 miles I was going to hit the gym.  But we all know about plans...
  My co-worker called me to meet for dinner (she just got back from a campus spring break trip so I think she wanted to treat herself - totally understandable!) so we met up at Target (she is redecorating her bedroom) and then went to McAlister's for dinner.  I got a half-grilled chicken salad and a half-grilled chicken potato.  Supposedly McAlister's is known for its grilled potatoes (they really take 2 and stick them together I've been told) but I have to admit - I was disappointed.  It wasn't that good.  The salad was good once you got past the chicken that literally looked like they pulled Purdue short-cuts out of the fridge, heated them up and popped them on my salad.  Oh well...
  Afterwards we went searching for a duvet for her new bedroom.  We went to Wally World (none there) where I picked up some flowers for my office and some new head/hair bands.  Now that I cut off a ton of my hair, I love these bands that wrap around your entire head.  I used to see all my jocks wear them and tried myself but they never worked.  Now, for some reason, they fit perfectly on my head and I hate working out without one on.
  So after that trip we hit the mall and hit the major department stores.  We walked (according to our pedometers) about 2plus miles so... we naturally treated ourselves!  We stopped by Freckles and got "The Driller."  Um... pretty much heaven.
  The Biggest Loser starts again this week and I've decided I'm not doing it.  I still plan to go to the gym and work out but I am not going to pay $20 when I know that I still won't get anywhere near where I need to be to win the jackpot.  So, instead, I will weigh myself after my running class every Wed morning and log what my wii fit plus tells me I am and use that to gauge where I am in my weight loss.  Right now I'm only 13lbs from my goal and I set my goal for June so I'm doing ok.
  I'm hoping that once I start Zumba again this week, along with running class and hopefully this weekend Jessica (my one reader I am aware of ha ha) and I start running together so that will help me get back on track from spring break.
  And I'm hoping to work with the freshman hall director and our gym director to start a fitness program for my hall and the freshmen hall that will get people into the gym and continue going to the gym.  Big plans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment