I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Broke 100 visits!!

  So a big thank you to the mystery people who read my blog!  I appreciate it.  I checked tonight before I wrote this and I'm up to 105 visits.  I'm sure Jessica is probably at least 60+ of those visits, but if anyone else is reading, please feel free to comment (I've figured out how to make them work finally!).
  Sorry I haven't updated before now - it's been a busy weekend.  I'm happily relaxing on my couch and watching "Destination Truth" on my dvr - I love this show (but not as much as Ghost Hunters!).
  Anyway, this blog is about my workouts and eating, not about my crazy tv show obsessions. :)  I felt much better on Friday when I woke up.  I didn't really sleep well again Wed night or Thurs. night.  But I jumped out of bed on Friday.  Why?  Because as Caitlin reminded me on my message board on my office door - it's ZUMBA FRIDAY!!
  After not having Zumba for 3 weeks, I was very impressed with myself that I managed to remember most of the moves. :D  Yay me!  I was also very impressed when my pedometer told me that we'd "walked/taken" almost 4 miles of steps in class!  And it really was nice to do ab work again.  I really need to get better about doing ab work outside of Zumba class.
  I was going to hit the gym this morning but... I was out very late last night and just couldn't crawl out of bed before 11.30am.  Joey called me and we decided to get our gym workout... at the mall instead.  Def. a good decision.  I hit up a cute little store and got some presents for my bestest for her birthday in August.  I also got myself an adorable jean skirt from Old Navy that looks really, really good on me (and if you know me, you know I'm not that conceited).  I'm super excited to wear it to work. :)
  I also bought myself a new bra and some cute shirts.  Finally, after our over 2 miles of walking, we treated ourselves at the local nail place in the mall.  I got my first pedi of the spring with a french mani and Joey got tips put on with really cute black tips and white lines (for her big date tonight).
  My tax refund dropped yesterday (earlier than expected but very much appreciated) so I spent some of it on getting groceries early this month.  I usually go to Target but tonight I went to Walmart.  Surprisingly I spent more at Wal-mart tonight than I usually spend at Target (and got less than I usually get) so that was depressing.  For the first time in a LONG time (which is sad) I really looked at what I needed and made a list so I wasn't doubling up on things I didn't need (again - sad but usually happens) and set to work.  I have a good amount of meat in the freezer and am planning on making some chicken pot pie in my crock pot (didn't get to it last week) and maybe some turkey wraps as well.  I need to sit down and figure out what nights I'm going to make dinner at home and what nights I am going to eat at the caf to save money.  I also haven't had spaghetti in a while - might make that soon.
  And for Easter - those staff who are staying behind (like me) are going to have a pot-luck dinner which I love.  I don't know what I am going to make yet - depends on what people are hungry for.
  But, so far the weekend has been very nice and relaxing.  Looking forward to Zumba tomorrow (another big yay!) and depending on how the day is (if it rains or not or is super windy like today or not) I may go for a nice bike ride since I haven't done that in a long time.  We'll see.
  Enjoy your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment