I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back to the Grind. :)

  This mornings workout nearly kicked my butt... in such a good way.  Our instructor had warned us that his fiancee would work us hard but I figured she'd make us run like 4 or 5 miles rather than 3.  Oh no - she made us do core and strength training in between runs!
  But, in all honesty, it felt really good.  I was really proud of myself - I managed to do everything (push-ups, crunches, mtn runner and bicycle) and then jump up and run to the next set.  After we did all that we ended up running a little over a mile.  I think all in all we went around the track over 2 miles but ran about 1 1/2 miles.  I def. got my steps for the day in.
  And it was such a good workout that for the first time ever, I went home, showered and then didn't crawl right into bed!  I actually did my wii weight (Biggest Loser starts for everyone else today) and then started watching the new Food Revolution show.
  I really think I'm going to enjoy this show.  One of my staff was talking about it yesterday and I got excited but life happened last night and I didn't have a chance to watch any of it.  I was able to get about 20min into it this morning and I'm excited.  Watching what they are serving kids for breakfast - pizza?  What the hell?  I don't want my godchildren eating that crap, much less my children (when I finally have some!!).  No wonder so much of America is overweight.
  And the resistance to change... reminded me why I can't stand the North.  I know living down South isn't perfect, but I can't imagine anyone would be half as rude as the radio dj in the first few minutes.
  It's my hope that through watching the show I can also learn some healthier habits to add to my current eating style.  We'll see.
  Livestrong.com (the website I use to count my daily intake) wrote an interesting article on cereals.  They were talking about the lies cereals post on their boxes to get people to buy them and how unhealthy they really are.  I'm a cheerio's person.  I used to eat a granola bar every morning until I looked at the amount of sugar each one had and I switched to Cheerio's.  They didn't list Cheerio's on their list of what you should eat (but then again... Cheerio's may not be a supporter like Kashi is on their site).
  Today I had a different breakfast which really filled me up - I ate one of those amazing Disney snack packs.  They are expensive so I don't usually get them often, but for like $3 you get apple slices, cheese squares and mini pretzels (all of which I love) and it's 210 calories and around 21g sugar (mostly from the apples/cheese).  They are so tasty and usually fill me up.  I ate that at 7.45 am and am just now getting hungry for lunch.  I love eating fruit to start off my morning - I think I need to go back to that. :)
  Now off to lunch, teaching staff class and hoping that I don't get attacked by any Zombies (we're playing humans v. zombies on campus right now).

1 comment:

  1. See, sometimes you write during the day :]

    ReplyDelete