I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Friday, March 19, 2010

  So my friend MAS text messaged me today - she is down to under 140lbs!  That has been our mutual goal since we met and started working out together in 2007!  I am so proud of her for achieving her goal!  Makes me want to work even harder now. :)  It reminded me how great I felt about my body when I was down to 139lbs and how good my clothes fit.  I have to admit I do miss my size 8's!!
  Today was a good exercise day - made it to the gym for a 20 minute run.  Did a little over a mile and walked a little bit as well then met up with my co-workers for lunch (another nice, long walk to get there).  Lunch was ok - had a hot dog (not too bad actually), steak fries and green beans.  I was hoping they'd have corn again today but no such luck.  So... I got a small bowl of honey dew and cantaloupe mix - very yummy!
  My boss and I walked again after work which was nice because I missed our one-on-one yesterday so I had a chance to ask her some questions about work and we chatted about some upcoming things going on in the office.  Did our 2 miles in about 25 minutes (actually 30 but we ran into a friend of her's so I'm ignoring those lost 5 minutes! ha ha).  I enjoy the walk because it's a chance to get outdoors for a short while (and today was gorgeous!!) and get some much-needed exercise.
  The pedometer is interesting.  I guess I never knew I walked so much in a day.  I'm already over 15000 steps today which means about 7 1/2 miles.  One of those miles was my run over lunch and 2 were from our afternoon walk so the rest is just regular walking I do. :)  The 320,000 goal by May 5 should be NO problem! ha ha.  It's already Friday and I have over 50,000 clocked!!
  I have realized over my lunch break runs that I suck at running by myself.  I give up way to easily. :/  I have learned to better pace myself but without someone to push me to run farther, I tend to do a little over a mile and then stop.  I know I can go further but eh.  I don't want to be like that - I want to run 3 miles and then stop.  I am hoping that running with Jessica (hi Jessica!  She's the only one I know who reads this!!) helps me.  She says she's nervous to run with me but she'll be helping me as much as I help her go farther.
  We'll see how this goes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment