I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend madness

  When it comes to exercise this weekend... it's been a bust.
  We got snow... yes, 2 inches of snow.  How that is possible, I don't know but I keep hearing "that's where we live!"  I have snow with a passion - which is why I loved living in the mtns of NC so much - we'd get a light dusting and then it would be gone by the end of the day.  They are still calling for 60's here next week so I hope it's gone quickly.
  I'm looking forward to getting back on track this week.  The gym will be open regular hours again, my classes will be up and running again and Jessica and I will start running!  She's not very excited about it but I think with time, she'll see that she's a better runner than even she thinks she is.  She's already up to a half a mile before she needs a break - that's a huge start!  And I told her tonight I need her to run with me to keep me going because, as I've already discussed - I tend to give up too easily when I run alone so it'll be nice to have someone to motivate me to go farther as well (not faster).
  I also learned that our 5k apparently is not as close as I thought!  Mary told me it was actually on graduation day so that's gonna be interesting... I'll probably be running it myself as everyone else will be working graduation.  We'll see...
  and with the snow being so horrid I've been trapped in my apt. all weekend (except going to my boss's house tonight).  I had my little pedometer on today and with cleaning the house and doing laundry, I apparently walked over 2 miles.  Go me! ha ha
  But, the bedroom is finally clean and tomorrow will be the kitchen and the bathroom thus completing my spring cleaning and purge!  Pretty exciting!  Ok... exciting for me! :)

1 comment:

  1. You just inspired me to run, even though it's almost 2:00 a.m. Taking the pedometer that you gave me on my run :]

    ReplyDelete