I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, March 29, 2010

 Today was absolutely gorgeous!  The weather was beautiful - in the high 70's and a very light wind.  I really wanted to run outside but I hate running alone outside so I went to the gym instead.
  I've realized I'm getting back into my bad pattern of running vs. the gym.  The past few days I've hit the gym I've only run or gone to Zumba class.  I haven't really touched the machines.  I need to really teach myself how to do both.  Maybe some day.
  Today I ran 5laps-3laps-2laps which was less than I wanted.  I walked 2 laps and did 2 warm up laps as well so I got just over 1.5miles.  I think I am going to start forcing myself to add a lap each week so it becomes 5-4-3-2-1 and then adding to that each time.  I need to start working myself up and not giving up so easily.
  And since Jessica punked on me so far, I guess I won't be having a running partner like I thought.  She thinks she's going to "hold me back" but she won't.  I just hate running alone. :/
  I also downloaded some new music so I'm excited to test it with my pace and see if it helps.  I think if the weather holds up this weekend I may try running 2.5 miles (the roads are 1 mile between one another from campus).  We'll see how well I do and how many times I have to stop.  But I need to get back to where I was before break since I have a race on the 10th!
  And I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers to help with the weight I'm not losing.  My bestest joined a while back and has already lost like 30lbs so if it's working for her, I figure it's worth a shot.  And I have a little extra cash this month so why not - an Easter present to myself!

2 comments: