I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, March 15, 2010

New Route

 The gym is only open this week on weird hours due to Spring Break.  Always makes me sad.  I joined the campus fit program and today was supposed to be the big "opening" at the basketball court concourse.  I walked all the way out there over my lunch break to spend my lunch break walking but no one was there and the 2 people I spoke to had no clue what I was talking about.  But, I learned from my boss today that 187 people signed up which explains why they ran out of pedometers (I should get mine on Friday).  But either way, I walked about a mile to get there and back so that helped a little bit.
  My boss asked me to run with her after work.  I'm always nervous about running with others since some people go slower (which I prefer) and others go fast (which can be good but I feel bad slowing others down).  Anyway, I was just happy to have someone to exercise with for the day since my morning plans were shot.
  When we met up she realized she'd forgotten her sports bra so we walked instead.  I was actually really glad we walked since I learned a new 2mile route around campus - it goes just beyond the 1 1/2 mile route I've been currently running.  I told her I'd be down for walking/running all week so we'll see if she's up for it.
  I'm also thinking of hitting the gym during my lunch breaks this week since the gym will be open.  If I can at least get 30min in I'd feel good.  I'm still waiting to hear if I have class on Wed.  I think either way I'm going to get up and if I don't have class I'll just run by myself anyway.
  I was telling my boss on our walk today that I think I am going to join the local running store's running club. It's like $25 for a year and you get little discounts on the 5k's they have.  I think once I get going I'm going to shoot for a 5k every 2-3 months.  That way I have something to look towards each time and continue to build myself up.  Who knows... maybe after a year or so I'll even attempt a 10k. :)
  The fit program goal I set for myself is walking about 4-5 miles a day so I figure between running 1-2miles each night and working out and walking campus I shouldn't have any problems.  If I can make my goal, I am going to reward myself by buying the Garmin I want that tracks your mileage, calories burned, calories taken in and heart rate.  It looks really awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment