I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sports Injury boo!!

Well... it finally happened. :(
I had my first ever sports injury. But no worries - it's not that bad or tragic, I promise. Here it is...
Photobucket
Sadly, it happened during my second lap around the track no less! So pathetic. I was thinking about some friends who recently ended their relationship and wiped out because I wasn't picking my feet up like I should have. My own fault.
My instructor said in a way it's a good thing because it's showing that I can think about other things while I'm running and I'm not as focused anymore on how fast I am going. I slammed onto both knees, pulled myself up and kept going. The guys were worried but I knew that if I stopped, it would hurt and I might cry so I just kept pushing myself.
When I got home I realized how bad it actually was. ha ha Oh well.
We had another harder class today but I am pretty damn proud of myself for giving my all. We did a 1-2-3 lap set, jogged (which KILLS me!!) a full mile non-stop and then did fartleks like last week
but I am happy to say that I did even better.  I did 3 sets with Jeff, then 2 by myself while he biked and then we did the last 1 together.  He, as usual, kicked my but on the last one.  I think he saves all his energy up just to do that. ha ha
  And I got some good news this morning.  We are going to continue our class this summer!!  I get one week off because the gym will be closed and then we'll go into summer training so my goal will be to run 3 miles non-stop before the summer ends.  I think it's pretty reasonable since I can run 1.5 already so it's just a little more.  I want to be able to run a FULL 5k without stopping to walk at all.
  Kinda nervous and excited about next weekends race and glad I chose not to race this weekend, especially with my knee busted now.  And at least it's a minor injury - I have no space to complain when others, like my friend MAS, have suffered major knee issues in the past and are running farther and better than me.  It's all just part of the game. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment