I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good Morning!

  I almost went to my office at 7.30am when I got back from class to update but decided I needed a shower (and nap!) so here I am, blogging between working on my to-do list for the week!
  Our instructor has a huge race in CA this week so he sent his fiance to train with us again.  I really like her - she's a very sweet girl.  Today we did 4 laps - 1 lap at race pace and then once you finished the lap, you very slowly recovery jog to the next corner and start your next lap.  This is a good way to actually get in 5 laps and convince yourself it's only 4 (as I later realized when Mary mentioned that).
  So, what should have been a 1.5 mile run ended up being over 2 miles (plus the walking laps and 2 starter laps).  I think at the end we hit about 2.5 miles give or take.  Pretty good for 6.30 in the morning!
  One of my favorite things about my Wednesdays is looking at my pedometer on my walk home.   I always love seeing that I've already had over 4,000 steps before 8am!  That's 2 miles (more technically since I was running, not walking).  But it gives me that surge for the day.  Also makes up for my slacker day yesterday - only just over 5,000 steps (ewwww!!!).
  I also weighed in today on my wii.  As I mentioned, over the weekend with all my activities I lost 1.2lbs... well I lost another .2!  I was very excited!  I feel like I'm getting back on track again which is always a good feeling.
  And I was proud of myself yesterday - I went to our Spring Fest where there was a TON of free pizza.  Instead of just grabbing a quick piece, Jessica and I walked back home and I ran into my apartment and grabbed some cottage cheese, and a Nature's Own Sandwich Round with Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter.  So yummy!  Jessica laughed at me but I enjoyed my yummy snack as we sat on the swing and talked (and I tried not to fall asleep).
  I went out to dinner with Joey the other night and realized that watching  Jame Oliver's Food Revolution and reading Meganerdruns.com on a daily basis has really changed how I view food and what I put into my body.  For example we were sitting next to a set of grandparents (maybe early 60's) and their grandkids.  I watched what they ate - 2 dishes of chips and queso (which I love, don't get me wrong!) along with their meals!  The kids were probably early pre-teens - the girl had trash fries and fried chicken and the boy had smothered fried chicken and fries.  Not one person had anything fresh on their plate - not one veggie on that table.  Don't get me wrong - I enjoy treating myself - I don't pass on the occasional cookies or brownie.  However I do try to have some sort of veggie with at least one meal if not both meals.  I have found over the years that when I eat veggies and fruit with at least one meal a day 5x a week I tend to lose weight more quickly and easily along with working out.
  I also started taking One-a-Day for Women.  I guess it's finally time to give up the Flinstone Vitamins.  Now the doctors won't laugh at me anymore.  I took that "real age" test and although it says I'm younger than my age, it also said I needed to increase my Vitamin D, E and Calcium and these pills should.
  I am hoping to make it out to Fleet Feet to register for the 5k at the end of April and see if they are running the 5k for my final.  Pretty excited to see how well my times are 2 weekends in a row.  And that will  make race 3 & 4 so one more after that and I'll hit my goal.
  I was also excited to learn that a good friend of mine from when I lived in NC is going to be in the area and probably crashing at my apartment so depending on when he arrives, he may even run the 2nd 5k with me so that will be fun.  It'll be a big surprise for him since the last race we ran together I was second to last to cross the line and my time was in the 40's.  Looking forward to showing my improvement! :)
  Anyway, time to get back to work (and it's almost lunch time! yay!).  Hope your day is great and that the weather holds up! We are expecting 83 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment