I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Sunday, April 18, 2010

  So I was reading meganerdruns this week and thinking about how lucky I've been that I haven't had any major fitness injuries.  I push myself extremely hard most of the time and I've been very lucky.
  However, I feel like I may have spoken too soon after this weekend.
  I had Zumba today and my right knee was throbbing most of the class.  It felt slightly week during and after Friday's class and today it just hurt non-stop so I wasn't able to push myself as hard as I like in class.  I'm going to ice it tonight and keep an eye on it.  I am also thinking of buying a running brace for it hoping that helps with the pressure.  The last thing I want to do is mess it up before my 5k.
  I'm having second thoughts about doing the Cinco De Mayo one.  I just learned that it's a night race and since I'd be running it alone (none of my friends want to run 5k's with me) I'd feel really stupid running the race and then having no one to hang with afterwards so I may just focus on training more for the full moon run that I'll be doing the following weekend.  I'll also have to find another run to pick up (which won't be hard) to make up for skipping that one.
  My goal is 5-5k's before August so I'm already almost half way there.  The Full Moon Run (which my friend Chris may do with me - esp. since it's also a night race) will be my half-way mark and then it's all downhill from there.
  I'm also going to start looking at running the BOK center race.  Basically you run up 30 flights of stairs rather than running a race.  My instructor told me even he couldn't do it but of course, that only makes me want to achieve it even more.  Apparently they do it almost every month so I'm probably going to shoot for running it in June or July if they offer.  Pretty excited. :)
  That's about it - not much this weekend since it's been crappy and overcast/rainy all weekend.  If it's sunny tomorrow I'm planning to hit the river for a short 2 mile run.  Otherwise I'll run at the gym and do some weights.  We'll see.
  Hope your weekend was more successful than mine was!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment