I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Thursday, April 15, 2010

So you know you are crazy about running when...

  I am officially insane. :)  I had a super stressful day today and worked through my lunch break.  All I thought about while I worked was how badly I wanted to hit the gym and get either a run in or workout on the machines.  When I got home from work I was starving so I made dinner right away and then rested for an hour so I didn't upset my stomach.
  Finally decided to hit the gym around 6.30pm and got dressed.  Had my bag packed and was about to walk out the door when one of my staff says "Hey, we are going into the woods tonight.  Wanna go?"  Me, not thinking, was like "why would we go into the woods?  And where are the woods?" and then I realize she means the play on campus.  I say sure and she says "ok, meet us upstairs at 7.30pm.
  I look at the clock and see it's 6.55pm.  What to do, what to do.  I could skip the gym and just get dressed... or I could miss the play and go workout.
  Instead, my crazy ass throws my bag behind the desk, stretches against the park bench and gets a 1.4mile run in 16 minutes, stretches again, runs back into my apt and changes in time to make it to the play.
  Yeah, I am that crazy.  But the run felt good - even though it is still burning my chest.  I'm not used to running with the wind here and it always seems that it's windiest right where I live.
  Oh well.  Tomorrow Joey and I are planning to hit the river for a 6mile walk/run.  My goal is to get us running ever .5 miles (they have markers) so we'll get about 3 miles running/3 miles walking.  Will be a good after-Zumba workout either way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment