I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Saturday, April 10, 2010

  So we'll see how well this goes - I got nails put on for our formal tonight and they are already killing me.  I hate typing with them - they get in the way - esp the thumb nails.
  Anyway, on to what's important.
  I walked about 3 miles last night for our Relay for Life event.  Had a great time - helped my girls get 3rd, 2nd and 1st place in some of the olympic games.  And had a blast talking to some of my current and future staff members which is always nice.
  I also finally had a chance to pay for a lumenaria to honor my uncle Lonnie who passed due to cancer years ago.  His death wasn't sudden yet was - he had secluded himself (due to his choice of wife) for a number of years and when I finally saw him, the cancer had taken full effect and he actually ended up dying a few hours later.  I'm very thankful I had that chance to say goodbye so last night I paid my respects again.  We even moved his lumenaria in front of our table (I'll add a photo later) so he could be near me. :)
  This morning I ran my 5k.  I worked on practicing what I'd learned in class this week - instead of walking, running at a slower pace until I can move up again.  It worked slightly however I was kinda doomed from the start.
  They shot the gun while I was trying to yawn (when I'm worried about a race/run I ALWAYS start yawning! It's really annoying and caused me to have a hard time breathing the entire run.  I also screamed a lot last night at Relay so that didn't help my throat or breathing either.
  But, I ran as hard as I could today and made it in across the line at 31:31 (their score online says 31:49).  It was 16 or so seconds more than last run however this one also had 3 hills which I wasn't prepared for.
  Yes, I am making excuses.  I was very disappointed in myself today - should have kept my throat in better condition but that's life.  I learned for next time and now know not to participate in a huge event the night before.  And it's still good time for me - something I can totally be happy with so that's good.
  Now, I am off to get ready for the formal we are having tonight.  Hopefully everything looks great when we get back there (we set up around noon).  Excited and nervous - we've been planning it since Aug and I just want everyone to have fun.

1 comment: