I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh Diet Coke...

  It's pretty amazing when you realize how much you don't miss something when you bring it back into your diet and what it does to your body and overall health.
  As many of you know, I gave up Diet Coke for Lent.  Partly because I needed to (I was drinking basically 2 liters a day or more!! and Lent is all about the struggle) and because I wanted to see if it would make a difference with my body.
  Boy did it!  To be honest, I didn't miss it nearly as much as I (and others) thought I would.  I missed the Starbucks I also gave up much more.  But the first thing I noticed was I was constantly tired for the first 2 weeks.  So tired that I'd leave work and sleep on my couch for an hour or more then go to bed a few hours later.  It was crazy!  Then after about 2 weeks I slowly started getting energy back and enjoying life again, running better and going back to the gym.
  I waited about 2 week after Lent and had my first Diet Coke.  It was ok.  I missed that burny sensation when you get a good glass of it.  I've had a few glasses since then and I've noticed a change already - I'm getting more sluggish again and not working out because I'm so tired.  This is not good.  So, I'm going to do my  best now to try to cut it completely out of my diet.  If it's doing this much damage already... not ok.  Esp. when I want to keep myself healthy for my race in 2 weeks!
  Speaking of... I've decided not to do the race this weekend (very sad!).  My instructor said racing 2 weekends in a row is probably not the best idea and I don't want to screw my knee up before my big race so... I'm just going to do a regular run this weekend and get ready for the 8th's Full Moon Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment