I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thank God for Running!

  This morning started very rough.  I set my alarm for 9am with the idea of going to the river for a good morning run before it got too hot.  I woke up before it went off and then it took me about an hour to finally climb out of bed.
  But, I did!  I got dressed (I smartly had everything folded all nice on my dresser so there was NO excuse. :)
  Checked my email and then headed out to my car... where I found a ticket and a tow warning.  I was mad!  I was told by security 2 weeks ago I could park in that lot over the weekends because they don't ticket and I didn't want to park off campus as I have awards in my trunk and I didn't want to lose them (not that I would but still...).
  I went to talk to security and the woman was not very helpful so rather than saying something I'd probably get fired for, I jumped into my car and drove to the river for a long run.
  And run I did!  I walked .5miles, ran .5, walked .5 again and ran again.  When I got to the 1 mile marker, I turned around and ran a straight mile and then walked/jogged for the final mile.  I felt so much better about my day, my weekend and myself.
  I then went to get my nails taken off and get a manicure.  It was yet another horrible job.  I feel like people in my area who do nails just suck - and this was a different place even!  WTF?  I don't want to spend money if it's not worth it.  I ended up coming home and re-clipping and filing my nails after I left.  Ugh!
  Now I'm relaxing, watching Jamie's final episode and waiting for my 3pm Zumba class.  I'm going to be so exhausted tonight after all the exercise I'm doing (2 hours!!) plus the awards ceremony tonight.  Hopefully I'll finally be able to sleep before midnight tonight!!
  I hope your weekend is going well too!  Weather is beautiful here... hope it is for you as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment