I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

  This morning... did not want to get up at all.  After last nights semi-run I was exhausted this morning and almost did not make it.  I even hit the snooze (which I never do) but alas, I made it!  I threw some cold water on my face, got dressed, checked email and then headed out (and still made it 10 minutes early!!).
  Walking the little bit of campus early in the morning is kinda... scary.  I've been usually taking my music but last week I didn't and it was creepy quiet.  Today I brought my music so I wasn't creeped out again. :)
   Today's class was once again a one-on-one class.  Mary walked the whole time (she had surgery earlier and wasn't up to running again) so we worked on teaching me how to 1) jog and 2) instead of walking on my down time jogging.
  We did 5 4min laps - ranging from fast start, easy middle, fast end or slow start, easy middle, fast end.  I ran between an 8.45min mile and finished just over a 10 min mile.  I was pretty proud of myself - I am going to keep pushing myself as hard as possible.  My goal is to lose the walking and just work on jogging between hard runs.
  I also want to start testing myself on weekends at Riverwalk - pushing myself to run better time between the 1/2 miles to test my endurance.
  I almost died when I finished today though.  I was heaving and if I was by myself - would not have done it.  He wanted to see if I could finish my 1/2 mile and I did it in just over 5 minutes.  I about passed out afterwards so we walked 3 laps so I could get my heart rate down.  At least I didn't throw up though!  No urge ha ha.  That's a big thing for me! :)
  Going for another long walk tonight after work then hitting events with my girls.  Looking forward to relaxing a little bit later tonight and sleeping until 8am tomorrow. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment