I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Injury part 2

  So my "injury" was a little worse than I originally thought.  It's been hurting non-stop since it happened, but since I've given up all self-medications (advil, tylenol, etc) I've just been sucking it up.  The pain is worst when I stop walking and start again - but I think it's mostly from the wound trying to scab over.
  It's also bigger than that photo leads one to believe but I went out tonight and bought some neosporin and large band aids which I hope will help more than the little ones I've been using.
  I'm also hoping to get to the river early in the AM to get a run in before the anticipated rain tomorrow.  If not, I guess I'll just do some laps in the gym (back to the scene of my fall).  Either way I need to get back on my feet and keep going. :)
  Excited about my new books.  I bought a few of the Skinny Bitch books (the mom one and the journal) as well as In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto.  I'm excited to read them all and maybe learn something new.
  I watched "Couples Retreat" last night and I found it really hard to look at the "main family" in the story and feel strongly that I don't want my life to end up like that - eating crappy food and having the kids on sugar rushes 24/7.  I want my kids to be as healthy as possible (I don't intend to restrict them from sweets totally but will not allow sweets on a daily basis) and keep them away from the tv as much as possible.  I get so sad when I see children get "lost" in their tv and not going outside to play or enjoy themselves and get exercise.
  Oh well.  Sorry for the late night thoughts... I should get to sleep - it's almost 2am now!  So much for planning on getting up at 9am!

1 comment:

  1. I have a huge tube of Neosporin in my room :)

    ReplyDelete