I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sex and the City... and a Run

  Once again, I learned a lesson about my running this weekend.  I had planned to go for a morning run on Sat. but instead I slept... and slept and slept. I guess I was more exhausted than I originally thought.  I believe I napped more than half of the day today.  It's kinda sad but honestly felt good.
  Around 2pm I decided to get off my ass and go for a run.  Prior to that I'd gone back to my apt to take a shower... but it was super cold so I ended up cuddling on my couch and falling asleep. :(
  I figured there was a nice enough breeze so it would combat the 90 degree weather.  Wrong.  The breeze helped to keep me cool but the sun killed me.  I got dehydrated really fast and ended up running a little over 1 mile before dying.  I walked a little over a mile as well so in the end I did just over 2 miles in 30 minutes.
  I am going to try again tomorrow but probably at the gym instead.  Tomorrow's goal is to get at least 2 miles in so I'll have around 10 miles by the end of the week.  When I got back to the car I stretched and then downed 30 oz of water before I even left the parking lot.
  Today I also took a rest.  I figure I deserved it.  I spent a while cleaning the bathroom to break up the naps and episodes of Sex and the City.  I am not one of those people who can just relax and even though I haven't walked more than 2 miles today, I have kinda enjoyed it.  My only fear is that when it comes to bed... I will be so relaxed that I won't be able to sleep.  Which is almost every Sunday night.
  What types of things help you fall asleep?  I've tried tea and it doesn't work for me but I am open to almost any other suggestion!  Give me your best advice, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment