I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Classes are back in session!

  This morning was great.  The night - wasn't.  My air quit at some point this week and I didn't notice... until last night.  I am pretty sure I woke up every hour to 2 hours which didn't allow me the best nights sleep before my first class back.  But, I made it up and to class.
  Since we had 2 weeks off (one week for me really since I ran 2 weeks ago) we didn't really have a set schedule for class.  I ran a full mile, walked a lap and then ran another full mile.  Then I finished by walking 4 laps before stretching.  It felt really good to be back on my schedule.
  I think the hardest thing is going to be getting used to Friday morning classes.  But, I'm up for the challenge.  There's also a Thursday class at noon for all abilities.  Not sure if I'm going to do that one yet - the thought of sweating over lunch isn't that appealing.  But then again... it's not like I have a ton of meetings to worry about during the week right now.
  I was sad to see that I had gained 1lb from not working out last week but I know that now that I'm back on track that's not a problem anymore. :)  It feels so good to be running on a regular schedule again. :)
  I also finally decided on my next 2 5k's!  I always feel better when I finally decide on them - gives me a goal to look forward to. :)
  The first will be on June 12th (because it has the chip again so I'll know my real time) and as an early birthday present for myself I'm going to do one on July 3rd.  My hope is that by my birthday I'll either lose another 30 seconds OR be able to run almost the entire thing with less than 2 walks.
  Jeff (my classmate) has also set the goal for us that we're going to do a 10k in October. I'll be honest - I'm super nervous about that but he assured me that by that time we'll be good to go.
  I also enjoyed yet another ham/cheese/apple sandwich. I'm kinda obsessed now... I went out and bought some more apples last night and now I have to get more ham. ha ha ha.  When I find something I like I kinda get obsessed. :)
  Anyway, going to go to bed soon - hopefully now that the Tornado warning is over I'll get a good night's sleep.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment