I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stupid Weather...

  So as I've put on facebook a few times this week - our weather has been horrid.  We had 2 tornados (within 10min of my apt) and constant rain so I was very happy that it was sunny yesterday for a few hours.  Joey and I took full advantage of that fact and hit the river for a quick run.
  Joey has set a goal of running a 5k with me at some point this year so she wanted to see what her time was currently.  We ran a slow mile and she clocked herself at 9.52.  This is much better than our first mile which I believe took close to 12 minutes (she was super sick and had allergies that day).
  She was a runner in high school so I know that once we start her training she's going to be kicking my butt in gear in no time so I'm very much looking forward to the challenge. :)
  But all the same, I was very proud of her.  We ran about 1.5miles and walked about a mile - we had an emergency so we had to cut our run a little shorter than anticipated but all was well in the end.
  I have to call a local running store this week to inquire about their free running classes.  She said she'd go if it was free so hopefully it's not too late to join.  I'm also excited because our gym opens again on Monday so I can run the track!!  And sign up for running classes this semester!! Woo hoo!!  Now that I am under 31 minutes on my last race I have to set a new goal so I want to keep working on my fartleks to gain more speed and work on my jogging so I don't lose as much time when I need to slow down and catch my breath. :)
  Looking forward to an amazing summer filled with many, many miles of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment