I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Friday, May 21, 2010

Keep running, running, keep running, running

  So I have to admit today just keeps getting better and better and no, that's not sarcasm!
  I slept the best that I have in a long time last night.  Didn't wake up until 5 minutes to 6am.  Laid there for a second convincing myself that I should skip the morning run and make it up this afternoon.  Even got as far as re-setting my alarm for 8am.  But after laying in bed for 5 more minutes I had to pee and that's what led to me getting up, getting dressed and going to the track.
  I was so proud of myself - continuing to set and beat new goals. :)  I did 10 laps straight (1 mile = 8 laps).  Then I did a 4-3-2-1 set.  So, in total I did around 2.5 miles.  Outside of class and races, that's the best I've done by myself.  I think I've finally gotten past that wall of wanting to give up when I get tired.  My goal is to get up to at least 12 laps before my next race (June 12th) before having to slow down.
  After my run I stretched and went back to my nice air-conditioned apt and took a shower and a wonderful 30 minute nap on the couch.  Best nap ever - woke up even more refreshed. :)
  Had my last lunch with my friend Gennie.  Gave her a final hug and tried not to cry.  Then walked to the gym to re-register for my summer membership.  While I was there I heard Mary, one of my running classmates so I popped into her office to say "hi".  She congratulated me on my awesome time on my last race and said our instructor has been praising me for it.  That made me feel good - I am good because of his classes and the support of my classmate.
  She also highly encouraged me to attend the Thursday noon runs so I think I may just do that.  I'll skip lunch with the staff and have some run time to myself and then snack at my desk those days. :)  And I told her I'd be at the Friday morning classes to help out.  It's going to be fun to watch the progression of the students.  Mary said they already have 3 signed up for the class and I have 2 students I spoke to who expressed interest.  I'm pretty excited and they have heard/seen how much it's helped me with my running. :)
  So if you couldn't tell from all the smiley faces, it's been a great day!  Debating about going for a walk tonight along the river - either that or running at the river tomorrow morning and hitting the gym later in the day.  We'll see.
  Hope everyone is enjoying their day as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment