I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Saturday, May 1, 2010

2 Miles Baby!

  Not to brag... well, maybe a little. :)
  As I've said before, I suck when it comes to running alone.  I tend to give up easily and take too many breaks.
  Today I woke up and was really looking forward to running down by our local river to get my exercise on.  However, as soon as I stepped outside the door, it began to rain.  I hate running in the rain in OK because it is also very windy at this time of year and my lungs aren't used to running in the wind any more (I've got to train them again sadly!).  So instead I went back to the scene of my accident on Wed... the track.
  I walked into the gym and there were maybe 6 people working out.  It was kinda sad but good for me as I hate running the track when there are other people on it.  I start to compare myself to them - speed wise, running style, etc.
  Thankfully it was just me. I did my warm-up, stretched and then decided to do a 5-4-3-2-1 set.  As I passed lap 5 I realized I wasn't ready to stop for another set so I kept going and ended up running a straight mile.  Then I walked for 10 seconds and did another 1/2 mile.  Then I finished with 2 sets of 2 laps.
  I was so proud of myself - I know I can run a full mile as I've done it before but to run 1 1/2 miles with barely a stop felt so good.  And of course allows me to set a new goal - a straight 1 1/2 mile and a straight 2 mile.  It also made me super excited for next weekends race! :D
  I still need to find out from Chris as to when he is arriving and I have to register for the race myself this weekend.  But running didn't bother my knee wound nearly as much as walking does so that also made me very happy to find out.
  Go me!  Now I'm going to drink some G2 and relax, read and do some laundry before a busy evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment