I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Thursday, May 27, 2010

What a week...

  I went for a run on Monday and got 2.5miles in.
  I did 10 laps followed by 4-3-2-2.  I ended up walking a little more than I ideally wanted.  I need to work on cutting down my walking.  But I was happy that my 2.5miles, with a few laps of walking was about 27 minutes.
  What I wasn't happy about was the pain I was in the next day.  My inner knees were killing me all day on Tuesday and up to Wed. afternoon.
  I ran 2.25miles Wed morning for class and was very proud of myself.  I did 10 laps, walked a lap and then ran a straight mile (8 laps).  I almost puked during the last 2 laps but I made it!
I walked an additional 2 miles last night by the river which was nice.  The hard part was the actual walking. I wore regular shorts so I would not be tempted to run.  Who knew that once you get used to running in a certain area you can't imagine not running there every time you go!  But I managed to only walk against my wishes. :)
  I am not running this afternoon as originally planned as I have a staff appreciation lunch.  I am planning to get up for 6.30am class tomorrow.  I promised a student who enrolled in the class that I'd be there and it will help me stay on track and get my miles in first thing in the morning.  I love starting my day off with a run - always makes me feel better.
  Do you prefer working out in the morning, afternoon or evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment