I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, May 17, 2010

Great run and a great day!

  Today was all around a great day.  The weather finally cleared up so it was a nice, sunny 70 degree day with a slight wind.  The gym opened again and I am no longer on duty!!  What could be better?
  Since the gym re-opened I was able to run the track this afternoon (after work).  I set my total goal at 2 miles and accomplished it. I was a little over my usual running pace (by 3 minutes) but I'm totally ok with that.  I wanted to ease back into running.
  I ran a full mile and then did 3 laps followed by 5 laps.  Then I ran into a student and we walked/talked for an additional 4 laps so all in all my total workout was 2.5miles.  I also showed him (very quickly) some exercises with weights.  I think Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be my weight training days for sure.  And then probably some on the weekends.
  I looked over the class schedule.  Pretty excited - I'm going to do the Wed and Fri 6.30am classes.  They start this week so that's even more exciting!!  I'm actually looking forward to getting up twice a week at 6.30am.  I always feel so much better on Wednesdays after running that early in the morning before work.  It's the perfect start to my day and now to have the chance to do it twice a week - who could ask for more??
  We also reset the Fit Campus totals today.  I got in over 7miles alone today.  That's awesome and it leading me off to a great start.  I set my goal pretty low - level 3 (I think around 650,000 steps in 10 weeks) but I am really hoping for level 5 (800,000 steps).  We'll see how it goes.
  I also have to thank Caitlin for my dinner inspiration tonight.  She brought back the best recipe when she was at Disney World this spring... ham, cheese and granny smith apple sandwiches!
  Yes, when I first heard her speak of them I was slightly repulsed as well.  However until you experience one... you haven't lived. I made mine slightly different tonight.  I used a Nature's Own Sami (circular sandwich bread), Land O Lakes Cheddar cheese, mustard, 3 slices of ham and a thinly sliced granny smith apple.  I put 6 slices of the apple on my sandwich (under the cheese) and ate the rest with my sandwich.  I believe Caitlin heated ours on the stove - I ate mine cold tonight and it was so wonderful!  I think I may have another one for dinner tomorrow I loved it that much!
  I bought a few apples so I placed them in a glass bowl and put them on my kitchen table - made my kitchen look more homey. :)
  Hopefully the weather keeps up being nice (although I heard we're getting the storms currently in Texas...) but either way the gym is now open so I have no excuse not to work out!
  Thank goodness for a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you liked the ham, apple, and cheese sandwiches! They are so tasty!
    I actually went for a sorta run on Riverside today! I think I run too fast when I run, because I was winded in like 30 seconds. Either that or I really can't run. I did some Zumba in my living room last night! I really hope that my moves don't piss off the guy below me. I still can't find the Sophia song though.

    ReplyDelete