I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I will miss my friend.

  So the plan right now (literally) is to get up at 6am to go for a morning run.  My instructor starts his Friday classes tomorrow and I'd like to be there to help out and also see who joins.
  However we'll see when 6am hits.  The good news is they fixed the air in my apt. so it's nice and chilly now (not 80 degrees with no air circulation).  Bad news - I spent from 5pm to 7pm helping my friend pack her U-Haul.  I've moved so many times in my life I have it down to an art at this point.  I don't think - I just do it.
  However as I was packing it wasn't sinking in that she's moving - she's leaving and going back to Texas.  Yes, I'll see her in a month (hopefully) if/when she comes back for a co-workers bday party but she's leaving.
  After we packed we got together and watched the season finale of Grey's.  Having that last minute bonding and talking and relaxing really made me sad.  And then when I left her hall and saw the lonely U-Haul sitting in the parking lot - it totally took me back to my move here.  Leaving at 6am (like she will on Sat. morning) with my roommates U-Haul in our drive for her own move to MD and driving to the next phase of my life.
  If it weren't for this friend, I would not have had as easy an adjustment here.  She took me under her wing and really made me want to be here.  She literally at times, dragged me out of my apartment and made me be social when I first arrived and hasn't given up on me since.  I know this move is a good thing for her - she's been here for 5 years and needs to move on to a new position, but I'm going to miss her terribly.
  So this entry is for you Gennie -  good bye and good luck.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. It's 3 am and I'm crying! I'll miss you too! Tonight was fun and I'm so blessed to have you in my life. Hang in there. You will be fine!

    ReplyDelete