I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Friday, May 7, 2010

Closing, Running and Everything else

  So we are closing my building this weekend.  My staff have been doing a wonderful job this week getting everyone out without any major issues and have been running around like crazy.  Makes me honestly miss being an RA and having those relationships with the students - now my relationships with them are different, which is good and sad at the same time.
  But anyway, because of move-outs I've also been running around like crazy trying to make sure all petty cash is done and all forms are filled out as they are required.  Funny how the "important" things change the higher your position. :)
  I have been able to get some good runs in this week to prepare for my 5k.  I did another 2 miles last night.  I started the running journal this week and it's kinda cool to see how many miles I do in a week.  Once I finish my race, I'll have just over 9 miles (close to 9.5).  Pretty exciting to see in writing.
  But it's still a far cry from the 3 miles 6 times a week I used to do in North Carolina so I'm working on getting back up to that.  One of my many running goals this summer.
  I am also hoping to find some new running trails.  I love the river path but not so much on windy days - hurts my contacts too much and campus is ok but gets boring after a while.  I am going to see if my instructor will show me some new areas to run this summer during class.
  I have also decided to sign up for the beginner class as well just to get that extra running time in as well as be there to take over on days he needs off (because I'm nice like that).
  Next week is going to be hard - I won't have class because the gym will be closed for interim so I'm going to try to make myself get up still and just run campus instead.  That will prove to be interesting but I have learned a 2 mile trail so we'll see if I can do it.  I'm now up to running a full mile (or just over) without having to stop or slow jog.  That's a huge improvement in just the past 2 weeks or so.
  It's all about the little steps. :)
  And last night I was super excited - my wound finally scabbed over.  Then, my dumb butt walked into our office in the dark and scraped my knee against a box.  Yep - ripped it right off and sent me on the floor in screaming pain and blood.  Thankfully some of my wonderful staff were there to save me (ha ha) and brought a medical kit so I could clean myself up.  But it still hurts like crazy and I feel like I'm back to square one with walking (it hurts when my leg is bent).  Just as long as it heals slightly by my race tomorrow night... then I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment