I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Riverside Run

  So I know that for many of my friends back on the east coast, the weather was less than pleasant today.  However here, it was a beautiful and sunny 84 degree day.  So Joey and I decided to go for a run after work.
  I was super excited because I wanted to get in at least 4 miles this week total before class on Wed. and with my 2 mile run the other day, I was ready to go again.
  Joey was awesome today - she ran with  me but at the same time allowed me to run on when her allergies caught up with her so I didn't feel as though I had to stop.  We walked .5miles, ran a mile, walked .5, ran a mile (and then some) and then we were both exhausted (and my knees were hurting and my butt was still killing me from Zumba) so we walked all 3 miles back to the car.  But I made really good time today and I even practiced my jogging - something I struggle with.
  I am super excited for my race on Sat!  I can't wait.  I have class on Wed morning (bright and early!) and then I'm hoping to get a short run in Thurs evening (if possible) and then I'll be ready for race day. :)  That will be #3 and then I just need to get 2 more in to accomplish my goal of 5 this summer.  Yay!  Joey said depending on how much I push her she may even do a race with me this summer.  I know she'll have no problem getting back to running - she used to run in high school so it's just a matter of building back up to where she was.
  I am burned and sore.  My poor muscles - I didn't stretch after as much as I should have an I am certainly paying for it tonight - lesson learned!!  I was hungry and just wanted to jump in the car after we returned figuring my walk was enough.  Nope, it wasn't.  Oh well.
  I just hope I am not horribly sunburned tomorrow - I forgot to put on sun screen and I was running in a tank top.  But at least the knee is feeling better and not restricting me as much anymore!
  Ok... off to sleep!  Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment