I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, May 24, 2010

Exhausted!

  So that whole fallin asleep early thing did NOT happen last night.  I actually did not end up falling asleep/passing out until after 2am.  It was bad.
  But alas, I still made it up and to work on time so it wasn't a horrible night.  And I was good all day until about an hour ago... but 9pm is just too early for bed... even for me.  So, I'm forcing myself to stay up a little bit in hopes I'll sleep through the entire night. We'll see if this works! ha ha
  So today's goal with running was, happily I might add, met and exceeded.  I wanted to do 2 miles and I ended up doing 2.5 miles.  Granted, I did not think I was going to make that.  I had 2 laps to go and my right calf was starting to tighten up so I walked a full lap and then ran my last 2 at a higher speed.  I'm definitely getting to that point where I hate to only make my goal - I have to exceed it.
  And surprisingly with all the walking I did in between my 1 mile and my 4-3-2-2 laps I still managed to keep pretty close to my running time.  I was about a minute a lap and finished 19 laps in 27 minutes (that includes the walking I did to stretch my tight calves).  Had I done the last 6 laps to make it a 5k I probably would have been about 3 minutes over my usual race time.  Not too shabby.
  Today's run was kinda hard - I've realized I run so much better in the morning.  It makes me sad though because I love running at night - it clears my head and makes me feel so much better.  But, we'll see how things progress.  The race I want to add onto my schedule is another night race (even though I swore I'd never do another one!) just to see if I can keep close to my time.
  I am slowly building my running days up as well.  I'm up to about 5 times a week.  I don't think I'll ever be able to add Tuesdays in because I run Monday evenings and Wednesday mornings and I've already learned my lesson of trying to run too many miles in a 12 hour time period.  Not good at all!
  So, for now, I'm doing Monday evening, Wednesday 6.30am, Thursday noon, Friday 6.30am and at least once on the weekend.  Not too bad.  So far I'm averaging between 9-11miles a week.  It's kinda fun keeping track of my miles - makes me feel so much more accomplished and also holds me accountable, which is always a good thing!
  So anyway, I guess I should attempt to go to bed now.  Need some sleep badly!
  Have a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment