I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, May 31, 2010

You know it's been a while since your last post when...

  it takes you a few moments to remember the link to post at!
  Wow, sorry for the delay in posting!  Been a long, relaxing and beer-filled weekend.  And boy did I need it! :)
  So to update on the little I've done when it comes to working out this weekend...
  I went out Thursday night and stayed out for a good while. Had a blast - met 2 real cougars (now I know I really am just a Puma! ha ha) and got home around 2am.  Got about 3 hours of sleep and woke up for my 6.30am class.  Met up with my student who started the class, introduced her to the instructor and we did her first lesson.
  She usually runs about 1.5miles on the treadmill so we did a 5-4-3-2-1 lap set and ended up with doing exactly 2 miles.  She did an amazing job and made it the whole time without dying!  Although she was covered in sweat. :)  I was so proud of her.  I'm going to encourage her to run a 5k with me in August if she's up to it.
  It was also a great class for me.  We ran at her speed which was about a 10.30 mile and I barely broke a sweat.  That's a far cry from where I used to be - heaving and barely making it past a mile.  Made me realize just how far I've come.
  Since tomorrow is Memorial Day I'm setting my alarm for 7am and making myself get up to run.  I haven't run in 2 days because 1) I haven't gotten home before 2am yet this weekend and 2) it's so freaking hot, even at night so I don't want to make myself even more hot.  I'm hoping that by going in the am I'll be able to get a good run in before the heat gets really bad.  I'm debating around campus or driving out to the river.
  Then, I'm going to see my new favorite local band for the 2nd time this weekend!  They are an amazing cover band and are so fun!  If you are in the area, you should look up the Jetset Kings!  Great group of guys! :)
  So that's the plan.  Tuesday will probably be back in the gym doing weights and the rest of the week includes 2 6.30am workouts and a noon workout on Thursday so I can catch up on my running.  Still haven't decided if I'm doing the 5k on Sat night... will have to look at my finances and see if I can afford to do 2 races this month or not.  We'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment