I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, April 4, 2011

Relay and Heart Walk = Many Miles Weekend!

  This weekend was a very busy weekend for me and thankfully it wasn't because I was on duty!
  After adding another 9 miles to my running (I believe that makes me at 19 miles so far) I did Relay for Life on Friday night.  Sadly, it wasn't as busy and crowded as the previous year but we had fun none the less!
  Eryn, Erica and I ended up walking around 5 miles in 2 hours.  One of my RA's was thrown in jail (along with my walking partners) so I patiently waited for them to do their time...
  I am planning to have our hall even more active next year.  We somehow missed a lot of the publicity and weren't really able to do our fair part but it happens.
  I left Relay around 10pm and then ended up chatting with another one of my staff for an hour after that, finally falling asleep around 11.30pm.  Not late for my usual weekend but when I had to be up at 7am the following day, it was a little later than I liked.
  I met up with my co-worker at 7.40am and we were off to Downtown to meet up with our group.  I was happily surprised to see that a good amount of people showed up to support!
  This is the start of the Heart Walk.  It's not even a true representation of all the people there - as we started walking people just kept pouring and pouring into the group!
  We walked about half a mile and I took this shot - blew me away how many people were ahead of us and we were pretty close to the starting line!!
  We finished the 3.2 mile course in about an hour.  Not bad - kept a good pace the entire time.  I missed this last year because I did the TU Fit 5k instead.
  Then I ran with Eryn around campus on Sunday.  We went at 10.45am thinking it wouldn't be too bad - we were wrong.  It was already 77 degrees and neither of us had hydrated well beforehand.  My body punished me later with a headache for most of the rest of the day.  I didn't have an appetite during the day so I basically grazed until my pot roast was done.  Then I loaded up on potatoes with a little bit of meat! : )  Delicious!!
  Due to all my hard work this weekend I ended up losing 2 more lbs.  I should be able to fit in my dress pretty soon - so excited about this!  I haven't worn it since I graduated from Grad School so I'm really hoping it fits when I try it on Sat night!  If it doesn't, I'll be wearing my gray dress that I bought for New Years.
  Tonight I'm planning on a 7pm run with a student.  I want to listen to a panel talk about racism and it's during my usual gym time so I have to re-arrange my schedule.
  Hope everyone else is having a wonderful week and a HUGE congrats to my friend Mary Alice who finished her 2nd Half Marathon yesterday!!  The girl inspires me so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment