I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Thursday, April 14, 2011

People are so interesting...

  So as many of you know I read meganerdruns.com on a pretty regular basis.  Of all the blogs I've looked through I enjoyed hers the most.  She was young and inspirational and she encouraged her readers to push their limits which I liked.  I also enjoyed her recipes and actually used some of them in the past (esp. the Green Monsters in the summer after runs!).
  I'm now watching as she is getting bashed by "readers" and it is so interesting to me.  These people are commenting on her blog telling her things like "for all the time she works out she should have a better body" and harassing her about being so obsessed with her time.  I think people forget that blogs are personal things.  Yes, you may look up to the person writing but they are not a celebrity.  Usually they are just a regular person living their life and sharing it online.
  I'm watching how this girl, only in her mid-20's - is trying to deal with this and I feel bad for her.  I guess it's the danger of blogging - having fans who attack when you upset them with your own opinions and honesty.  I don't agree with everything she says - her tweets sometimes bother me - but at the end of the day, I don't know this girl, have no involvement in her life and just enjoy reading about what she's doing.  It's a shame others don't understand that. : /
  Just wanted to vent for a second.  About to run out the door to grab lunch and looking forward to a short run, weights and Zumba tonight!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment