I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Calm after the storm

  So we finally had our annual formal this past weekend.  I posted a picture or two for the challenge.  It went off without any major issues and I am happy to say that thanks to all the hard work I fit into my dress!
  Because I knew I'd spend most of Sat night running around and dancing I took Friday night off from the gym.  I woke up bright and early on Sunday morning and went for a nice 2 mile run with Eryn using the inner loop of campus.  The hills are harder because they aren't as gradual but it's good practice for my run at the end of the month - I'll be facing killer hills downtown.  Not fun!
  Eryn is leaving for a conference this week so I'm going to have to buck up at the gym and not let myself off easy like I did last week.  I went to the gym on Thursday without her and barely made 2 miles.  I could blame it on the fact I'd been running every day but it was a sad sight!  Then I had Zumba and I struggled more than usual so overall it was a bad end of the week for me.
  We hit the gym last night before she had to pack and I begged off on running for the night.  I wanted to give my legs one more day of rest from the weekend.  Instead we walked a mile on the track and then went to do some weights.  I'm trying to change up my weight routine so I can focus on certain parts of my arms.  I am happy to see in photos they are getting thinner - now I just need the muscle definition to start to kick in! : )
  After about 20 minutes of free weights we walked about another half mile or so on the track and finally made our way downstairs to the machines.
  I hate to say it but I am definitely one of those girls who tends to stick to machines I know.  I hate trying new ones - not so much because I care what others think - more because I don't want someone to come up and be like "you're doing that wrong" and end up hurting myself.
  I tried two new machines last night - I asked Eryn's friend to show me how to use one of them since she had just finished on it.  Both work your butt so I'll be using them more during my workouts!
  I feel like I'm seeing results and with trying to eat healthier and cutting down severely on my soda intake I feel a lot better overall.  It also helps me increase my water intake - instead of grabbing the quick Diet Coke I go for water now.
  Tonight I'm planning a quick run, more weights and then Zumba class.  Hopefully I won't be as burned out as I was last week.  Only 2 more weeks before I have to hit my 40 miles.  I have to add up my mileage but I'm pretty sure I'm up to 30 at this point.  Not as scared about making my miles now - I know I can hit 10 in 2 weeks.
  Hope wherever you are the weather is as beautiful as it is here!  Enjoy your Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment