I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Friday, April 22, 2011

New shoe time!!

  My friend Sarah recommended a new droid/iPhone app to me the other night and I'm going to test it out this weekend if I can find a sleeve for my droid.  It's called the C25k.  It breaks down your runs from just starting to a full 5k in about 9 weeks which is a good amount of time.  I'm up to running entire 5k's at this point but I figured it was free so why not?
  I looked through it last night and I'm going to start at week 4, day 3 (a 20 min run) and go from there 3 times a week.  I hate running with a phone so I'm going to have to find some sort of band that I can put it in for my arm.  If it works, I am hoping it will help me get back up to where I was before my foot issues arose back in January.
  I am also planning on getting new running shoes this weekend.  I'm starting to feel the foot pain again after my runs and that makes me nervous - especially when I am hoping/planning to do 3 5k's in the next 4 weeks.
  I think what I may do is take my torn up old sneakers in to Foot Locker with me...

  I love this style but I tend to bust my toe out within a few months (told you they were torn up!) as well as my current shoes...
  (not as bad...) and let them know what I am looking for.  And yes, I am a running dork - I have my Nike+ on my left shoe for tracking and the piece on the right shoe holds my iShuffle and my keys when I run the track or by the river.
  I love my older shoes and although I go through them very quickly, they never caused the issues this new pair has.  Running is no problem - it's like running on air. But the minute I stop running I get a sharp pain in the arch of my foot and it doesn't go away until I take the shoes off.
  I spoke to Fleet Feet employees and they said that it was probably due to hitting too many miles on the shoes.  That makes sense - I've had them since August and I've been running at least 3-5 times a week in them.  I just hate dropping $100 every 3 months but if it means no more foot pain, it may be worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment