I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

  There are so many things that have made an impact on my life recently.
  The first would be graduating with my Master's Degree from WCU.  This campus and all the opportunities I was granted there changed my life course and set me on a new path with a new passion.

   Learning how to eat healthier has also changed my life.  I now eat veggies at least 5-6 times a week.  I've incorporated much more "green" into my diet and it makes me feel better at the end of each day.  I've also cut out/reduced a lot of the crap I used to eat - candy, chips, soda.  I still treat myself every once in a while, but it's a treat, not a part of my diet on a daily basis.
  My staff and job have completely changed who I am.  These girls have helped me become a better supervisor and a better person.  I've been with all but one of them for 2 years now (Brittany joined me this year) and will be sad/happy to see three of them graduate in two weeks and move on to bigger and better things!

  And of course... running.  I've been running on and off since 2007.  When I first arrived here 2 years ago I ran a little bit but let it fall to the wayside my first semester due to focusing solely on my job.  I didn't make the time for me and quickly gained weight and felt very lethargic.
  Thankfully my old instructor started his first couch to a 5k program in our gym and I signed up right away.  I didn't realize how a few months off could set you back and I quickly realized I couldn't run 3 miles anymore - I could barely run 1 mile!  With hard work, determination and a great instructor, I managed to build up to 4 miles in just under a year of running and set the goal (seen above) of running a 5k a month for at least 8 months a year.
  Through my running, I've gotten closer to one of my staff and helped her to start running!  And I've also gotten closer with former and current residents by setting up "running dates" with them so we can talk and catch up on their lives.
  This photo was Jess's first 5k (my staff) and my first 5k running with friends.  It was also our chance to support Operation Beautiful which is a program we have brought to our residence hall on campus.  We all wore inspiring messages on our backs as we raced.  Jessica received a ton of support as hers mentioned it was her first 5k.  I was so proud of her!
  So basically, a lot of things that have happened in the past 4 years that have changed who I was, who I am, who I want to be in my future years. : )



Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
Day 04 - A picture of your night.
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.
Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh.
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.
Day 12 - A picture of something you love.
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Day 19 - A picture of you when you were little.
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
Day 25 - A picture of your day.
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

No comments:

Post a Comment