I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A good day finally!

  I have to say I was so proud of myself on Tuesday!  I was nervous after last Thursday without Eryn.  I almost considered just going to Zumba but decided at the last minute to suck it up and run before class.  I'm so happy I did.
  I was starving before I hit the gym so I grabbed a bagel thin and threw some peanut butter on it and then ate 2 jelly belly energy beans.  Then I downed about 10oz of water and walked over to the gym.
  I had it in my head I was going to do an easy 1.5 mile then weights and then class.  I found a good set list on my ishuffle and stretched really well beforehand.  Then I just hit the track.
  The first 2 laps were hard but then I found a song and just went for it.  I repeated the song twice to keep the steadiness of my run and then let it manually skip.  I completely went into a zone and just ran.  I'm sure I looked completely out of it but it was such a nice place - to just run and count my laps.  Before I knew it I hit 1 mile in 10 minutes.  I decided to dig a little deeper and hit my second mile in under 10 minutes.  Overall I did 2 miles straight in under 20.  That's not a huge thing if you look at where I was a few months ago, but for all the issues I've been having building my miles up again when I run alone, I was very happy with myself.
  I walked a lap or two and then went and joined a guy in the small weights room we have upstairs.  I'm pretty sure I freaked him out - usually when people are in there already the person walks in and grabs weights and leaves or the person in there leaves.  I just grabbed my weights and plopped down on the other side of the mat and started my workout.  I could feel him watching me for a few minutes and then he left and in a few minutes came back.  I did my workout and then got up and stretched and left.
  Zumba was interesting - I was the only one who showed up!  My instructor asked if I still wanted to do class by myself.  Part of me - the part that gets embarrassed over making an ass of myself - wanted to say cancel but instead I said "if you don't mind, I'd like to have class."  So we did.  She went through every move and I stood behind her so I didn't feel like as much of a fool.  I did much better than last week and even figured out a move I'd been struggling with since we started.  It was an awesome workout and I felt even better when I left.
  Today went pretty well too.  I ran the outer loop of campus with a student.  We had some great conversation and it allowed me to share my experiences with my eating issues.  We talked about how I deal with it and what I've done to try to stay on track.  I try to be as honest with my students as possible.  I explained that I have to be careful because otherwise I can trigger bad habits very easily.  On Sat. I didn't eat like I should have for all the exercise and running around I was doing for/at the formal and I regretted it on Sunday.  I was overly hungry and nothing could make me feel full - not stomach full but satisfied full.  It's hard to explain but those who know understand.
  I figured it wouldn't be too bad to run around 5pm today but boy was I wrong!  We started on the hills so we could end easier but once we hit the downslope of campus the sun was beating on us and I could feel my head pounding.  I had to walk about .25 of the 2 mile loop because I just couldn't push myself any further.  I need to build back up to running campus - I used to do it at 6am last summer and I'm hoping to get back to that 3 times a week this summer.
  Tomorrow is another run/Zumba day.  Hopefully since I'll be on the track my body won't poop out on me like it did today.  But I am happy to say I've added another 3.75 miles to my total and I'm that much closer to my goal! : )
  Hopefully everyone else is enjoying the beautiful weather we are getting here.  Looking forward to the weekend, visiting the Farmer's Market with Erica and Eryn and hopefully at least one (or two) runs along the river! 

No comments:

Post a Comment