I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Busy weekend update!

  The end of the week and weekend kept me very busy, which I absolutely love!
  As some of you may have seen on the news, we were hit with a bad Tornado watch on Thursday night.  Our gym actually shut down and went into lock down for the storm but my crazy butt ran .25 miles across campus so I could be in my building and helping my staff clear our girls rather than being in the gym.  Thankfully the tornado did not hit us this time (we were hit a few blocks away last summer) and the kids only had to stay in the shelter for about an hour.  Sadly... it caused me to miss Zumba!
  That night I had decided to take Friday off from the gym and give my legs a rest and not run.  Silly me... I should no better than to make plans.  What I forgot was that Friday was an Open House for all halls so I spent about 2 hours giving tours through my building.  Definitely made up for my lack of gym the night before.
  On Saturday I was asked to join some friends at the local herb festival a few towns over.  We met up a little after 9am and drove out to Sand Springs.  The festival was great - took up most of the town square and there were so many stands!
  I was so thankful I brought cash with me (I never carry cash) because I wanted to buy so many things!  I ended up buying a green pepper plant for $1 and about $10 worth of breads!!
  I put them straight into my already full freezer so I can enjoy them this summer.  They are - sourdough, wheat, zucchini, honey oat and banana nut.  So yummy!!

   Then came the big choice.  Originally I was going to buy a cinnamon bun with nuts until I came across this pecan pie.  Double the cost of the bun and so much yummier!  The plan is to make it last at least 4 days. : )  So far I've had two very small slices.
  It's funny because I went to undergrad next to an Amish community and never once bought food from them but now that I have, I plan to keep an eye out for them at the local farmer's market.  We've already made plans to go next Saturday.  I'm hoping to go at least twice a month starting in May because I won't have a meal plan (school will be out) so I'll need to make dinner 7 days a week and want to make sure I am still getting my veggies.
  After we finished with the herb festival we changed into our running gear and made a 2 mile loop around campus followed by 30+ minutes in the gym.  I love running earlier on Sat mornings because campus is still pretty empty and the sun hasn't hit its peak in the sky yet.
  Today was our awards ceremony for RA recognition and Hall Gov recognition.  My staff worked very hard this year and it showed - many of them walked away with awards which made me so proud.  The happiest news I received tonight was hearing we won "Hall Gov of the Year" for the second year in a row.  I was so very proud of my girls for that accomplishment.  They worked so hard this year and it showed!  We are going to have a little celebration on Monday during our next meeting.
  I can't believe that my 2nd year here has almost come to a close.  This time next year I will hopefully have a good idea of where I'll be moving to and starting the next phase of my life.  The only thing that makes me really anxious is if there will be the same amount of races where I go next.  I'm definitely spoiled here - we have at least one race a weekend - especially in the spring and fall.  Whatever happens, my focus right now is my next 3 races and then focusing on training for the Half Marathon in November.
  Like I said... this is my year of change! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment