I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away!

  Quite the weekend, which is always nice!  I can honestly say that this is the first weekend I have not spent working in almost 2 years.  I focused solely on me and I loved every minute of it!
  I started my Saturday with an 8am trip to the Farmer's Market.  Sadly, there wasn't a huge turnout of vendor's this weekend due to the rain we've had all week.  I was able to pick up a few goodies none the less!
  My plan was to make the broccoli this weekend but I didn't have a chance so I'll be eating it tomorrow night with the Lemon and Herb Chicken with rice I'd also planned to make this weekend. : )
  After we returned from the Farmer's Market I took a 45 minute nap and then met up with Eryn at the gym.  We pushed ourselves harder than usual and made our goal of 3 miles straight - in 30 minutes!  I was so proud of both of us!  We haven't done that in a long time - outside of our February race - so it was a great feeling!  And after I still had enough energy to do another 45 minutes of weights.  Since it was an early Saturday morning we decided to take advantage of the relatively empty gym and tried out some new machines.
  Went back to the apartment for another quick hour nap and then ran some errands I'd been putting off for a while - got my oil changed on my car, got some last minute groceries and... bought new SHOES!!!
  I went to Lady Foot Locker and told the woman my problem - I want to stay with Asics.  I bought the Nimbus in August and although running in them is a dream, when I walk after a run I get a shooting pain in my arch.
  She had me try on a few pairs and we discussed what I used in the past.  I ended up going back to my old style.  I used to have 2130's when I started running so I bought the closest thing - the 2150's.
  The sneakers are a pretty purple and feel so great on my feet.  I am hoping they will work wonderfully on my race on Saturday.  Nervous but excited to race again soon! : )
  Today was spent being lazy (and in some pain) in my apartment.  I left for a few hours to attend a nice Easter dinner at my boss's new house with her family and her fiancee.  The meal was wonderful as was the company.  It was nice to be surrounded by great people during a holiday when I can't be with my family.
  Now that I've started doing some extra ab exercises and leg weights and I am definitely feeling "the burn" and loving it.  Can't wait to see the results!  I am very much looking forward to a summer full of increased miles, training for the half marathon and just eating healthier.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment