I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Legs of Lead

  This week my legs have not been cooperating and it is so frustrating.  I barely made a mile on Monday when we ran the inside track and I was so disappointed with myself.  Yesterday I felt a little more on track but I only got a mile in as Eryn went to the gym about 45 minutes before me so by the time I got there she had already ran two miles so I didn't want to make her run more with me.  My one mile was good though - almost exactly a 9 min mile.  I was so happy with myself for that!  I was also happy because usually when we run Eryn steps it up on the last lap and leaves me in the dust when we cross but I was able to do that for once. : )
  I bumped up my weights as well.  I'm now up to 9lb free weights for our arm exercises and bumped up all of my leg machine weights by a few added weights (the little circle ones you can add on).  My legs felt so good when I left the gym!  I love days like that. : )
  Zumba was good - we did our first day with no water break.  I was a little more tired than usual but made it through.  Only 3 more classes which makes me sad - hopefully they will be able to offer it over the summer.  I love Zumba - it makes me do the exercises I hate to do alone but in a fun way.
  Stephen and I had a talk the other day about his running - he's doing so wonderful!  He's already up to almost half-marathon distance in just a few months (yes, very jealous!).  He mentioned he may try for a marathon in Atlanta in the fall.  I mentioned that I would like him to consider doing a Disney Half/Full Marathon with me sometime in the next year or so.  Not sure which one but I'd like to do at least one of them (after I get my November Half Marathon done and see how I do.
  He'll probably end up doing the full marathon which works - that way we can cheer each other on during our respective races.  I also mentioned it to my friend Sarah who is training of her first 5k right now. : )  I would love to have as many people there as possible to support one another.
  And she mentioned this awesome race I am totally interested in - you create a team of around 11 people and run in shifts from Gettysburg, PA (one of my favorite places) to Washington, DC!  It's all done in one weekend and there's a huge party to celebrate when everyone arrives!  How awesome would that be?  Something to think about... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment