I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crazy Weather = Crazy Runs!

  So the weather here has been so up and down lately it is ridiculous!  We were going from 80's to 40's within 24 hours a few weeks ago and now it's been raining non-stop with golf ball sized hail.  Today seems to have the potential to be sunny but as a precaution we've postponed our grill out we had planned.
  I hate weather like this because I never want to go out and be active.  Rain here is very dreary and turns the entire sky dark and cold.  Who wants to run in that?  My hope is that the weatherman is right and it gets nice over the next few days so I have a chance to get some outside runs in!
  This is my last week of Spring exercise classes.  I have Zumba tonight which is always fun.  I'm planning to get a 2 mile run and hopefully some weights in before class.  I've really enjoyed picking Zumba back up this semester and here's hoping they'll offer it this summer so I can continue.  If not, I have the Wii version but it's not as much fun doing it alone.
  Running has been easier each passing week.  Since January Eryn and I have worked very hard on building our mileage back up.  Last week we made our first 3 mile straight run since prob December (outside of our 5k) and it felt so great!  I've been averaging just over 2 miles when I run by myself which is also an accomplishment.  I'm also working on my speed the nights I run alone.  I've been averaging between 9.30-10min mile which is where I was back in December.
  I'm planning on running out to register for this weekends race today or tomorrow.  I'm so nervous about the hills downtown but I'm excited at the same time for the challenge.  My last 5k was back in Feb. after our snow storm so its been a while - longer than I usually like to go, but that couldn't be helped due to the Grand Canyon.
  The goal for this race, if I can achieve it, is to be sub-35 (due to the hills).  My two races after that are pretty flat so I'm hoping to hit as close to sub-30 on those as possible.  Who knows... maybe I'll even set a new PR for the Full Moon (I ran it last year at 30:26).  That would be awesome.  But even if I have a higher time, I will still be proud of myself for at least doing it.  It will be my 3rd of 3 races in a month so I'll undoubtedly be exhausted at that point and need a few days off.
  We'll see how this challenge goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment