I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Such a crazy life!

  Once again my workout routine is up in the air but I'm actually happy with it which is odd.  I still haven't figured out a day "off" but have a feeling it will probably be Sundays since I have meetings every Sunday night.
  We've built back up to 2 miles which is pretty good.  I'm a little behind on my 10 miles a week goal but quickly catching up.  I ran an "easy" 1 mile last night.  I tried something I'd never done before - I talked to God while I ran.  My RA Jessica swears it helps her.  I looked at it as more of a meditation but the odd thing was it made the run easier (I was running at my usual 10min/mile pace) and I realized half way through that my breath went steady and I was breathing exactly how I was supposed to - one breath in with 3 steps, exhale with 2 steps.  I almost stumbled mid-run when I realized this because I have never been able to accomplish the correct breathing for running.  I also noticed I didn't sweat as much as I usually do when running.  Overall, the experience was very relaxing and enjoyable and completely different from any other time I've ran by myself.  Go Jessica for opening me up to something new!!
  Eryn has been wonderful for me when it comes to the gym.  She makes sure we run our miles then move to weights and ab exercises.  This is what I need - someone to give me the swift kick that my friend Heather used to when we worked out in grad school.  I will do them sometimes by myself but not as hard as I should.  I'm already noticing a difference - I wore a skirt today and my legs look wonderful.  Makes me want to continue with what I'm doing because I'm starting to see the hard work pay off.
  Still not used to the random pains when I move from the ab exercises.  Pain in places I didn't even know existed but again, I can see a little bit of results starting to show.  I took my measurements this morning and I'm already down a half inch in a few places which is also nice to see.  I'm in no way expecting a six-pack from all of this but something that I can feel even more comfortable showing in my bikinis would be nice.
  I'm looking forward to my one-on-one today with my SRA September.  She and I are going to the gym for our workout and she is going to show me all the exercises she and my RA Danielle have been doing.  They both have gotten into great shape hitting the gym for 30 - 45 minutes last semester and I am always open to learning new techniques.
  Finally, I received a call that the pilates class was canceled.  The instructor was unable to take on another class and since Yoga was closed I only had Zumba to choose from that I was interested in.  I decided this semester to just focus on my running class.  We'll be meeting at 8.30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays so that along with working with Eryn and running with the group on weekends when it gets nicer out, I'm hoping to be somewhat ready for May.  I'm still leaning towards the half marathon but am considering the 10k as a back up.  We'll see if I can stay injury-free that long and how I'm feeling about my running as it gets closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment