I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, January 10, 2011

  I have been a horrible runner since break!  I am so thankful I ran that 5k because I haven't run since.  The bronchitis took the energy out of me most of this week and with the gym being on a weird schedule and closing early 3 times and closed the entire weekend I wasn't able to use the indoor track.  I wanted to run yesterday and today but it was been way too bitterly cold here (and I heard via facebook that back home is even worse).  I've just been an all around major fail all week/weekend.  I am planning on going to the indoor track tomorrow night to get in at least 3 miles (or more if possible) and then starting training with the group mid-week this week.  I want to make sure I can at least do my 3 miles before attempting the 5 mile runs they are up to now.  I really want to run this half at a good time but I also don't want to injure myself by pushing too hard after taking time off and then getting sick.
  I am also going to try very hard to do more weights, yoga and core exercises on my off running days.  I finally reset my wii balance board so the goal is to get on a regular sleeping schedule again (cross my fingers) and then do yoga in the morning before work and runs 3-4 times a week after work and on weekends.  I am going to start doing the 7.45am Sat morning runs too.  Realistically if I go out on weekends I usually go out on Sat. nights anyway so there's no reason I can't get up for a run on Sat morning then come home and nap for an hour after and then start my day.
  I am happy to say that I have been keeping up on my goal of veggies and fruit on a daily basis.  Even with cooking for myself this week I've managed to have 2 veggies with each meal and if we've had subway at work I've stocked up on the greens in my sandwich - spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers and can't forget the onions!  I also grab the bag of apples (or fresh fruit from the c-store) when we eat.  Really seems to help me keep the weight off and stay full.  The only downside is this week I've had my exercise appetite but haven't been hitting the gym so I've gained 3 pounds but not worried because I know they'll be gone as soon as I have a week at the gym under my belt.
  And finally, I signed up again this semester for the TU Fit program.  Bought a new battery for my pedometer and am all set to start tomorrow.  That thing really keeps me on track - my goal is 80,000 a week or higher and with my increased runs I should be golden. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment