I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Back to normal...

  So for the most part I feel like life is getting back to normal.  Eryn and I have pretty much set a work out routine.  I told her today that she's a good workout buddy for me because she doesn't let me get away with just running - she makes me do my weights and ab exercises! ha ha  I am horrible about skipping them but as long as I have someone to say "ok, let's do them" I will.  Just need to hear it.
  We had our first long run in... well, since December so about a month.  We made 2 miles!!  That is huge for us - with her knee acting up and my foot freaking out two weeks ago.  We did an easy first mile at 11.5min pace and the second mile a little quicker.  Then we did about 30 minutes of free weights and machines.  We're slowly teaching ourselves how to use the machines.  And tonight I discovered that the best time to go on Sunday is around 4.30pm because there's really not a lot of people on the weight machines which I prefer.
  Our race is 2 weeks ago so the fact that we did 2 miles tonight without either of us being in pain made us very happy!  We're going to push a little higher this week and then next week not as hard since the race will be that weekend.  I'm not going into this race thinking I'll run the whole thing but I'm sure gonna try!  I just want to make sure I don't hurt my foot again.  I have an appointment next weekend to have it checked out.
  I am still trying to figure out my Nike+ thing.  I tried using it tonight and we ran a mile but it said we only ran .5 so I don't know if it's not picking up our running or what.  I'll keep playing with it so I can figure out what I am doing wrong.
  Other than that, I am just continuing to ice and heat my arm - the weights are helping my arm gain strength again but causing a lot of friction and pain so it's been a good/bad thing.  It only hurts in certain positions - when my muscle is pulled a certain way too tight.  Then I get a sharp pain in my elbow.  Otherwise I totally forget about it.
  With my foot messing up a few weeks ago I'm setting a goal of 32 min for this 5k.  If I don't get close because we have to walk (whether bc of her knee or my foot) I'm not going to get bummed.  It's my first 5k of 2011 (outside of my NYE one) so it'll be the "time to beat" for every race after.  Help me to set my goals for the year.
  It feels pretty nice to blog again about not being in pain and actually having a good workout.  Hopefully this will be the trend for the rest of the month and year!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment