I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Painful night

  So last night was my first night back in the gym in, well, a long time.  I set a 3 mile goal for myself which I know was pretty hefty since I haven't run all break (except for the race) and have been sick since the 1st with bronchitis.
  I didn't make my goal and learned a very important lesson last night - don't push yourself too hard after you've been sick and taken time off to get better.  I don't think I hydrated enough yesterday and then pushing myself so hard on the track resulted in a horrible migraine last night.  On top of that I had hall gov which I really enjoy but with the bright lights in the parlor and the excitement of the girls I was in so much pain!  As soon as the meeting ended I went straight to bed and somehow managed to sleep despite the pain.  I woke up at 1.30am and the ache was gone and thankfully fell back asleep until 8am.
  I did notice though as I ran that I was able to keep my time just under a 10 minute mile so that made me very happy.  I ended up doing 2 miles on the track - 1 mile straight and then a half lap walk followed by 6 laps, half lap walk and the last 2 laps.  Then I jumped on the treadmill and ran .4 at a 5 mph pace before Joey found me for dinner.
  I did realize how much I missed eating at the caf though over break.  I had around 3oz of chicken fried steak, chocolate milk, a ton of corn and broccoli and mashed potatoes.  I also ended up grabbing a small side salad as well to add to my veggies.  Our caf food isn't always the best tasting or selection but usually I can find some kind of healthy meat/veggie mix that fills me up.  I also tend to eat less at the caf yet stay more full at the same time.  Not sure how that works but it does and I am thankful for it!
  I am going to take Tuesdays off this semester I think so let my legs rest (and make sure I don't push too hard) and then probably Sundays.  Tonight I think I will focus on weights and then maybe some core or bike exercises.  The goal is to definitely hit the gym 5-6 times a week to stay in shape.  I also have to go 48 more times this semester so I can get 50% off my membership next year (that's like a $50 savings!).
  I'm also super stoked because I learned today that they are offering free "trial" classes next week so you can figure out what classes you want to do.  I'm going to try this semester's Zumba class - new teacher so we'll see if I like how she does it.  I also want to try out the yoga class.  And I have to grab a schedule tonight so I can see when Eddie set class for the Spring semester.
  It's going to be a great semester with working out and staying in shape. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment