I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yoga Fun

  So due to someone quitting as an instructor at the local gym, the PiYo class I wanted to take this Spring has been canceled.  Last night Eryn and I attended the Yoga class to check it out.  Neither of us have ever done yoga before (I don't count the few poses I've done once or twice on the Wii).  We were both excited and I was extremely nervous - mainly due to my elbow problems.
  I knew yoga was supposed to b e intense but it was insane.  About half way through I was curing myself and wondering why I was doing this.  By the end, I loved it.  I knew I'd be in pain the next day but I didn't think it would be this much!  I am hurting in areas I didn't know existed beneath my ribs.
  At the same time, it makes me want to go back.  Last semester I watched two of my staff go every night for 45 minutes at the gym and attend PiYo twice a week and they changed their bodies quite drastically.  I am not really in it for the weight loss - more for the toning and shaping aspect.  Also the strength - I want to make my arms stronger and hopefully help heal my elbow issues.
  My foot is still in pain so I am going to continue to stay off it until next week and try running a mile on Monday.  Tonight we are going to do some weights and I may bike a little bit to keep the leg motions going.  I don't want to lose how far I've come but also don't want to mess up my foot again.
  Finally, I signed up for a clinic to talk to him about ways to help with my elbow and my new foot issues.  We'll see what he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment