I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Race, New Year

  So the group I am going to start training with is running 5 miles this Saturday... and I'm still not 100% from this bronchitis so I emailed the instructor to ask her what advice she could give to help me catch up with the group.  I can run over 3 miles pretty easily but def. not 5 miles yet - especially sick!  Hopefully she'll be understanding...
  On another note, I picked my next race!  Always exciting - gives me something to look forward to and train for. : )  I've decided to do the local Sweetheart Run.  I posted it on my facebook and Eryn (who I'm training with for the Half Marathon) and her roommate both want to do it as well.  So... I have a feeling we're going to go for the 10k instead of our usual 5k.  I think it's definitely possible - esp. since I know I can run a 5k and it's a month away so I can add at least another mile or 2 to my running by then.  Just means more outside runs because I can only run so many loops on that damn indoor track before I get completely bored out of my mind!  Maybe trying out a few loops around campus might be in order as well as few practice loops at the river. : )  I miss running by the river so much!  Even if it does make it colder due to the wind off the water - it's still nicer scenery than running the neighborhoods in my area.
  I'm also looking for new music to add to my ipod for running.  I tend to go for upbeat music - usually a pop/rap mix.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
  Have a wonderful day and hopefully you are feeling much better than I am and don't get sick! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment