I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Monday, July 4, 2011

Vacation aftermath

  Back from vacation.  I've been meaning to update since I arrived home on Tuesday but between resettling into my house, catching up on work I missed and everything else, it's been pretty crazy.

  This weekend is my momma's birthday followed by the 4th and then my birthday!  July is always such a busy month - the summer never seems to go slow for me which is both good and bad.  Good because it means I don't get too bored and my staff will come back soon so I'm even busier, but bad because it slips by way too fast and I never seem to find the time to enjoy it.  But thankfully I was able to on vacation.

  I spent my week with my wonderful family.

  I decided to spend my week off with my 4 amazing godchildren and my best friend.  We started out the week at the beach, which was a wonderful decision.  When Corey was younger we would spend his birthday at the beach every year.  This was my first time with the little ones and I had a blast.

  We rode bikes together, walked the boardwalk and spent a ton of time on the beach.

  Caity wanted to get covered in the sand.  Chrissy and I were happy to help.




  She is such a cutie!

  Colton was all about swimming, if you couldn't tell...


  Spending time at the beach was my early birthday present from them.  I'm so lucky to have them in my life.

  After we returned from the beach we hit Hershey Park - one of my favorite places in the world.


  Colton isn't a huge fan of pictures but Caity and I were all smiles on the train.


  I still don't know how we all fit into this ride but we had a blast and got a little queasy when it lifted into the air.


  While waiting for mom to get her pass Caity and I posed with our favorite chocolates.  We ended up walking over 6 miles in the 7 hours we were at the park.  I had a blast - it brought up memories of Corey being little and created new memories with the little ones so a win win in the end.

  Along with all the fun came all the food.    The kids tried chocolate covered bacon (I thought it was gross) and we all tried deep fried oreos (a little better).


  I ate so much junk food it was unreal.  Many things I haven't eaten in a long time and usually don't eat.  Between the multiple Mc Donald's, kettle corn, caramel corn, chocolate, pizza, tons of soda and burgers.  My body was craving veggies by the end of the week.  We finished the week off with s'mores and ice cream cake for my birthday.

  Quite the pre-birthday celebration.

  When I got back I threw myself right back into as much of a schedule as I could.  Hit the gym starting Wednesday and have managed to lose the couple of lbs I gained over vacation and am already back on track to where I want to be.

  Training on Saturday went well.  I enjoyed the run - Eryn and I ran together so I had someone to talk to.  She did better than me - I had to walk a small bit but she kept pushing on.  The course was 4 miles but with all that we ran it was just over.  I did hit my 4 miles despite the short walks and kept a decent pace the entire run.

  After we finished (took about an hour all in all) we decided to hit the farmer's market downtown.  I just love our farmer's market - it's not too small and not too large - just perfect.  The prices are great and you get a decent amount of food for what you pay.

  I went there looking just for spinach but walked away with so much more it was amazing!


  I ended up spending $20 and got a bag of wonderful spinach, a chocolate croissant, pecan pie (my birthday cake for myself), potatoes, squash and 2 ears of corn.


  Danielle and September came over on Saturday night to have a "girls night" birthday celebration for me as I'm on duty all weekend and can't really leave to celebrate.  September made us wheat pizza from scratch, I made a spinach and spring mix salad (with blue cheese and raspberry vinaigrette) and we finished the meal with ice cream birthday cake.  We ended the night watching "Blue Valentine"and "Bridget Jones' Diary."  It was just hung out which was really nice to hang out and relax with great people.




No comments:

Post a Comment