I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

I've been thinking I'd like to see your eyes open real wide the minute that you see me

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nike + GPS

  So Eryn talked me in to getting the Nike + GPS on my phone and all I can say is...
  I wish I'd listened to her sooner!  And damn I'm gonna miss my iPhone in a year when I leave here!!  It is definitely worth the $1.99 I paid for it (she got it for free during runner's month).


  Because it's a GPS it works so much better than my Nike + iPod (my shoe insert doesn't measure correctly).  I also like that it's just a fun app!  I can challenge myself and "tag" my friends to see which of us can run the longest/fastest.  I told Eryn we're going to have to start doing that when we are away and can't train together.  Will keep me in gear since I slacked all last week!


  I have been keeping up with training this week and am feeling sore but better than expected after a week off (if you don't count the crappy 2 mile treadmill run I did).  I had to get in 2 3 mile runs Monday and Tuesday, which I was able to do.  My run says 3.20 but it missed my first two laps somehow so my total does equal my needed 6 miles for the week so far.


  Today I hit the gym to do a little cross training.  Unfortunately I was only able to get 30 minutes in - I wanted to do more but every machine I went to was out of order!  Two of my favorites were missing their seats and they still haven't fixed my ab crunch machine.  I'm guessing since they close for the semester on Friday they'll be fixing everything and I'll be good to go on August 21st when they re-open.

  Sadly, that means Eryn and I will be doing 3 works of long runs in the horrid heat!!  It was 108 today so I promise you, it's hot!!  But I can't complain too much because after the humidity in Indiana, I'm thankful it's just hot here.

  This weekend is another long run without Eryn - 6 miles.  I'm nervous because last time I barely squeezed out 4 of the 5 I had to do.  I'm going to push myself really hard this week though - new headphones, charged shuffle, I'm hoping to be good to go!

  I'll keep you posted on the results - if I remember to take my iPhone. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment